- Help welcome an individual or /family who recently ended their homelessness with a Welcome Home Basket!
- Get a laundry basket filled with sheets, pillows, cleaning supplies, and household items.
Host BBQ/Holiday Parties
- If your group is interested in organizing a BBQ or a holiday dinner for the residents living in our transitional shelters we can arrange for that to take place. This is an opportunity for volunteers to interact with our clients and also an opportunity for our residents to work on their social skills (10-15 Volunteers Max).
- BBQ’s typically take place on the weekends, so that the majority of the residents can attend.
- We are also looking for volunteers to organize holiday parties for the clients at our Wakeland Properties (8 Volunteers Max)
Shelter Cleanings, Gardening & Maintenance
- We like to do shelter cleanings of all of our shelters every 6 months & before our Holiday dinners (15 volunteers max).
- Painting, Yard Maintenance, and construction type work are needed on an as-needed basis.
Assemble Hygiene Kits
- Volunteers can assemble hygiene kits that will be passed out at our Emergency Walk-in Center for individuals who are living on the streets or who are low income.
- Volunteers need to collect the supplies and can make up to 1000 hygiene kits that will be used at both our Santa Ana and Ontario Walk-in Centers. This will last our centers at least 3 months.
- The sack (Brown Lunch Bag Type or ziplock) can consist of a variety of items, such as toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, comb, socks, lip balm, baby wipes, etc.
Host a Back-Pack Drive
- Host a back-pack drive and collect school supplies, backpacks, stationery, etc. Plan a day to fill the backpacks and deliver them to the children during their tutoring hour.
Assemble Sack Lunches
- Seasonal: December-June
- We are in need of individuals and groups to make sack lunches for the homeless people we serve. Suggested items to include in the bags: peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or cup-o-noodle soup, a fruit, a water bottle or juice, and a sweet treat.
Armory Emergency Shelter Volunteer
- Seasonal: December-June
- The Armory program provides up to 400 beds per night for the homeless in Fullerton and Santa Ana. Volunteers will be needed 7 days per week to help both in the evening (5:30-8:30pm) and morning hours (5-7am).
- Santa Ana Armory: Volunteers must be 13years or older and accompanied by a serving parent or guarding if under 18 years old.
- Fullerton Armory: Volunteers must be 13years or older and accompanied by a serving parent or guarding if under 18 years old.
- Go to the Mercy House Volunteer Up homepage at http://www.volunteerup.com/Login.asp?w=i&o=130
- Volunteers will be assisting with set-up, clean-up, passing meals and donations.
- Volunteers are also needed to provide dinners on a nightly basis. Dinners must feed 200 clients and must contain a Meat, Starch, and Vegetable. Dessert is optional.
Contact Community Resource Coordinator, Jacob Mize, at JacobM@mercyhouse.net to volunteer!