Adopt – A –Family/Resident
- Help welcome a resident/family into our Transitional Shelter with a move in basket.
- Create a laundry basket filled with sheets, pillows, cleaning supplies, and household items
Adopt – A – Graduating Family/Resident
- Mercy House would like to start recognizing the accomplishments of its residents once they have graduated from the program by providing them with a parting gift through donations from the community.
- Collect and put together a parting gift ranging from $25-50. Gifts idea: gift basket with cleaning supplies, laundry basket with laundry supplies, gift certificates to grocery stores, decorative items for their new homes, etc.
Life Skills Educators
- Mercy House is looking for Life Skills Facilitators to provide clients with skills that can enrich their lives. For example, a person with knowledge or expertise on nutrition and health, financial planning, resume building, job searching, networking, scrapbooking, etc. can share tips/strategies with our clients.
- Life Skills classes take place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7:00-8:00PM in the living room of our shelters.
- Volunteers are responsible for creating a curriculum and teach class once per month. Classes can include handouts, small group discussions, video presentations, guest speakers, powerpoint presentations, etc.
- We are currently in need of:
- -Self defense
- -Setting boundaries (Parenting)
- –Stress management
- Conflict resolution
- -Credit repair
- -Healthy living
- -Emotional Management (Coping Skills)
- -Grocery Shopping
- -Resume Writing
- -Job Searching
- -Relationship Disclosure (of HIV status)
- -Going back to school after years on not being a student
Play hour Attendant
- The Regina House program is looking for Play Hour Attendants to enhance children’s natural creativity and curiosity and work to enhance their social development.
- Volunteers are needed to play with children whose ages range from newborns through 10 years old and to make sure they are safe while their mother’s attend life skills classes. The mothers are on the premises in case of an emergency.
- Play Hour takes place on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6:45-8:15pm.
- Live Scan must be completed
- The program staff at our Wakeland Property Facilities is looking for individuals specializing in tutoring children or adults.
- Volunteers are needed Monday-Thursday from 2:00-5:00, however, the volunteer may choose a day(s) that works best for their schedule.
- Live Scan must be completed.
Armory Emergency Shelter Volunteer
- Seasonal: December-March
- The Armory program provides up to 400 beds per night for the homeless in Fullerton (Serving Adults Only) and Santa Ana (Serving Families with Minor Children Only). Volunteers will be needed 7 days per week to help both in the evening (5:30-8:30pm) and morning hours (5-7am).
- Go to the Mercy House Volunteer Up home page at http://www.volunteerup.com/Login.asp?w=i&o=130
- Volunteers will be assisting with set-up, clean-up, passing meals and donations.
- Santa Ana Armory: Volunteers must be 10 years or older and accompanied by a serving parent or guarding if under 18 years old.
- Fullerton Armory: Volunteers must be 18 years or older to serve.
- Volunteers are also needed to provide dinners on a nightly basis. Dinners must feed 200 clients and must contain a Meat, Starch, and Vegetable. Dessert is optional.
To volunteer, contact Irene Drissen at email@example.com today!